Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sleep training

Jonathan, thankfully, likes to nap and sleeps pretty good. During the day, he has adjusted easily to a nap, eat, play, nap routine. Some of you know from talking to me that he likes this routine so much that he was continuing it through the night. When he would wake for feedings he would then be up for an hour before falling back asleep. I'd spend the time rocking him, bouncing him, giving him his pacifier, reading my Bible, praying, and wishing I could go back to sleep. I kept the lights dim and kept interaction to a minimum and it finally worked.
I am proud to announce that for the last 5 nights, Jonathan has gone right back to sleep after feeding in the middle of the night. I'm so proud of him. I can feed him, wait a few minutes while he grunts to get cozy, and then head back to bed - to toss and turn for the next half hour.
So, how do you sleep train the mom?

No comments: