Monday, November 16, 2009

Grief

I'm not really ready to post much, but I just don't feel right posting other things to this blog without first sharing the horrible life-changing news in my life. My mother passed away a couple of weeks ago - I almost can't believe it's been that long already. I talked to her on the phone the night before and she quietly passed away in her sleep during the night. I miss her so much.
Two things have been my saving grace these past weeks. First is faith. My mother was devoted to the Lord and I know that she is experiencing the amazing joys of heaven. And one day I will get to spend eternity with her. I don't know how people make it through this without that hope.
Second is my boys. They keep the joy around and force me to keep my sanity. Michael understands a bit about what is happening and it has been a true blessing to talk to him about death and heaven. It all seems so simple when presented to a 4 year old. The best thing I could leave him with is that it is a sad time because we will miss having her here with us, and it is a happy time because she gets to be in heaven with Jesus!

No comments: