Friday, April 3, 2009

Some updates on Jonathan

He is eating a wide variety of foods and enjoying it immensely. The newest addition has been banana bread that makes a huge enjoyable mess. Next up is trying to teach him how to drink from a cup and not just from his mother.

He still loves his pacifier but doesn't fully understand it:
*When he has his paci in his mouth in his high chair, he will pick up a Cheerio, bring it to his mouth, and then stare at his hand in disbelief that it is still there and didn't get past the paci into the mouth.
*When I lay him on my lap and get ready to nurse, he sucks all the more aggressively on his paci in excitement. He then gets mad at me if I don't start feeding him or if I take the paci out of his mouth. Sometimes you just can't please a kid!
*We did a week long experiment to try and get him to fall asleep without his paci to hopefully reduce the number of times he wakes up during the night needing it put back in his mouth. He now goes down fine without it, but still wakes up crying consolable throughout the night until he gets it. This one he seems to understand just fine, but his parents to not.

He still doesn't have any teeth.

He is soooo close to crawling. Right now it is just backwards and in circles, but.... any day now I just know we will need to rebaby-proof the house. When I got him up from his nap today he had rolled over onto his stomach which is the first time he has done this unassisted I think.

He adores watching his big brother. And whatever Michael can build, Jonathan can destroy faster!

Well I think that pretty much sums up his life right now: Sleep, eat, play, poop (although I'm sure you don't want details on that last one. lol)

I'll be back later this week to update you all on Michael. :)

No comments: