Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

My Mother's Day post comes in two parts.

Let me start by saying that I love my mom and I miss her terribly. A little bit after she passed away my dad gifted a piece of her jewelry to each of the girls in the family. I got her wedding ring. The special thing about this ring is that it not only has the stone from her engagement ring but also the stones from my grandmother's wedding ring. I spent the last year and a half trying to decide a memorable way to wear this ring. I thought seriously about combining the stones with mine into one special ring or using the stones to create a special necklace.

Back when I was first married I had two rings that I wore. On my left hand was my wedding ring and on my right hand was a ring with a cross on it. My cross ring is no more. I can't even remember what happened to it and I've always wanted to get a new one. A few weeks ago I was thinking about that ring and my mom's wedding ring popped into my head. I instantly thought what an awesome way to symbolize my faith - by remembering the great cloud of witnesses that surrounds us from Hebrews 12.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up."

I have been thinking about the ring a lot recently and it just seems perfect. So I tried it on and it fits on my right hand.

"And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith."



So now on to the second part of my post. My family made this a wonderful Mother's Day for me. We had some wonderful family time and I had some great alone time. Michael has been dying to show me the Mother's Day gifts he made for me at school.



And check out the present Tim got me for Mother's Day and graduation.



That's right a new iPad. And to top off the weekend here is what I have on my welcome screen for my iPad - a beautiful card made for me by my family on a scrapbooking app for my iPad.

No comments: