Friday, August 13, 2010

Ode to Mothers of Twins

Mother of Twins Prayer
author anonymous

There’s two to wash,
There’s two to dry;
There’s two who argue,
There’s two who cry.
One’s in the mud,
Having a ball;
The other holds a crayon…
Another marked wall.
Some days seem endless,
My patience grows thin.
Why did God choose me
To be a mother of twins?
The answer comes clear-
At the end of the day,
As I tuck them in bed
And to myself I say…
There’s two to kiss,
There’s two to hug;
And best of all,
Thank You, God, for two to love.

We had my nephew Luke here today who is two days older than Becca. We've had him many of days but today both Luke and Becca decided it was a crabby day. Boy I have no idea how mothers of twins keep their sanity .... or maybe they just don't. I found myself trying to hold both of them in ways that would keep pacifiers in their mouths, feeding both of them at the same time and wondering how I was going to scratch my itchy nose, and relishing in the excuse that I had to do the dishes when they were both screaming together on the floor. And yet, throughout the day I found myself kissing them every time I picked them up, melting when they smiled, and taking pictures of the tear free moments as excellent memories of the day.

No comments: