Friday, February 18, 2011

Counting to 12

For the last couple of months Jon has been into letters and numbers. He asks questions about them all the time and points them out everywhere. His favorite number spot is the clock in his room and his favorite number is 7 - the time he goes to bed and can get up in the morning. Mostly I am a proud mother that I have a two year old who already knows all of his single digit numbers and many of his letters and is even trying to learn some two digit numbers. However, this new knowledge is starting to give me a bit of a headache some nights. I will frequently wake up to Jon screaming "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy." After I lay there for a bit and hope the noise will go away I eventually have to get up and go into his room. I will find him sitting in his bed with his paci in his mouth and his snugglie on his head. He grins and says, "It's 3!" and points at his clock. Then he curls back up in bed to go back to sleep. A two year old knowing his numbers during the day is so cute. A two year old knowing his numbers in the middle of the night - not so cute.

But here is Jon showing off (during the day) with a toy clock he got for Christmas.

No comments: