Saturday, December 17, 2011

Teacher gifts

We decided to create some small gifts to the teachers and staff at Michael's school. I love the way they turned out:

Credits: Merry and Bright by geniaBeana Scraps, font is Segoe Print

We made the cup inserts with my digital scrapbooking supplies. Michael picked out the kit and told me where to put things in the design.

I carefully took the cup and rolled it on it's side around a sheet of colored paper and tried to draw a line along the edge. Then I cut it out and scanned it and used that as the template. Then we decorated.

I printed and cut them out and rolled them into the cups. I used a piece of 2 sided tape at each end to keep it secure. Then we filled baggies with the drink mix and tied them closed.

In case you are interested, here is the drink mix recipe:

1 (18oz) jar orange breakfast beverage crystals

2 cups sugar

1/2 cup red cinnamon candies

1/3 cup instant tea mix

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 tsp. ground cloves

Combine all ingredients; store in an airtight container. To serve, stir 1 1/2 tablespoons of mix into 1 cup hot water.

I added this to a project I was doing about how we can use digital scrapbooking supplies for Christmas presents. Check out my Scrapbooking Christmas gifts Pinterest board!

No comments: