Saturday, March 21, 2009

Michael Got Dressed

Michael has been able to dress himself for a while now. However he still runs into trouble with his shirt getting twisted or his socks not going on. And of course there is the daily "I don't want to"'s or the "I need help" when he really doesn't. So getting dressed has still remained a chore that I need to participate in. I usually goes like this:
Me: "Michael it's time to get dressed."
Michael: "I don't want to get dressed." (Michael doesn't ever like to change anything, ever!)
Me: "Well, you have to. Do you want to pick your shirt or should I?"
Michael: "You pick!"
I go in and get out some clothes for him and call him to come again.
Michael: "I need you to stay and watch!"
Michael then very slowly takes his pjs off and starts to put on his clothes, while taking a minute or two here and there to play with the trains or talk to Jon or anything else he can think of to get distracted by.
I finally give in and start trying to help him along.

Today however was...
Me: "Michael it's time to get dressed."
Michael: "I don't want to get dressed."
Me: "Well, you have to."
And I go into his room about two minutes later to tell him again that he needs to get dressed and I find him fully done. He picked everything out and put it all on himself (and correctly too). Way to go Michael!

No comments: