Saturday, November 19, 2011

My kids' favorite web sites

You have probably already read that my kids can earn computer/video game time by doing chores. We also used computer time as an incentive for Jon to use the potty and to get him to go down for a nap without crying. (I know, I know, that's bribing him, but well, Jon has always set out to make me rethink all I use to think about the right way to parent.) So when the get on the computer, what are they doing?

Hands down the favorite is disneyjunior.com. They can watch mini episodes of Mickey, Handy Manny, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Cars, and on and on. There are also tons of fun games to play.

A recent favorite has also been Chuck E Cheese skeeball. It turns out that they can earn tickets online, print them out, and bring them to Chuck E Cheese to add to their tickets there. Luckily I have convinced them that they can play for fun too without actually printing and turning them in.

No comments: