Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Joy

Ever feel like you just get through a day but don't really live? I've been having some days like that recently. All morning I think "OK, I just have to do this, this, and this, and then I can put Michael down for a nap." Then its a list of things to get through before Tim gets home and then before we go to bed. And after all that I have made it through the day with very little joy.
In my Bible study we are talking about the fruit of the Spirit and this week is joy. I am reminded about how I have joy because of all that Christ has done for me and the security I have in him. That was all head knowledge that I already know, but today we talked about how we can lose our joy. There were two reasons that popped out at me. 1. I have been working/serving more than I'm taking in. I need to fill up more with Christ. 2. I am tired. I just can't seem to get enough sleep. Tim and I are both night owls. Some nights I try to go to bed earlier, but I just don't like going to bed alone! I feel so empty with Tim on the other side of the bed. And of course I have to get up before 7 to be ready for the kids I care for during the day. So that would be the lack of sleep.
So after all this rambling, what is my point? I guess I need to get some sleep so that I have energy for searching out Christ and filling up with Him so that I can bring His joy back into my daily life. So how do I do that?! :)

No comments: