Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Son Can Read

So I think I have the most brilliant son on the planet! :) (At least in my biased mom view!) I guess I should preface this by saying that my hubby is a huge sports fan - and a Boston sports fan through and through. His family bought us Red Sox shirts one year for Christmas and I was wearing mine the other day. Michael comes up to me and points at my shirt, from right to left, and proudly says "Red Sox!" Now I know that most kids read McDonalds as their first word, but my dear hubby was so proud that my son had a unique first read!
Fairly connected with this, I want to encourage everyone who has kids and might be reading this. Do you tell your kids that they are the best? Give it a try. It is so important to speak positive words into the lives of your children. I often tell Michael, "Do you know that I love you?" and he often says, "Yah." with a matter of fact response. Well, at my pastor's suggestion I told him he was the best the other day, and he said, "Noooooo, I Michael!" How cute is that!

No comments: