Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Learning some new camera techniques

Both boys are down for a nap at the same time today, and both are still quiet so I might actually get to post this during the day instead of waiting until bed time. :)

I have had a very cool camera - a Nikon D60 for a year now. I had desperately wanted to have better pictures to scrap with so for my birthday last year I got to pick out a new camera. For those who don't know a Nikon D60 is a digital SLR camera meaning that it comes with removable lenses to change out and tons of manual settings. It of course also has a lot of automatic settings and for the past year I have been content with those - mostly the one designed to take pictures of kids who don't sit still.
This year I have decided it is time to get down and dirty with the camera and learn some manual settings. So first up for me is lighting and today's lesson was taking better pictures in the snow. So the boys and I got all bundled up and headed out in the snow. You can read all about what I tried out and see some of my pictures on my digital scrapbooking classes blog.
Time outside with Michael couldn't be complete without some snow football, so we did a little of that too. I think we made it back and forth across the yard three times before I was completely out of energy and ready to fall over for good. :) Just over a month and I should be able to start shedding some of the pounds.

So what do you think my chances are that once the baby comes I'll be able to have all three of them napping at the same time?

No comments: