Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mulder Christmas


Mid December we had a Christmas party with the Mulder clan.  My grandmother tells me that the newest member (my cousin's daughter) makes the 90th member of the Mulder family.  I believe the counting starts with my Grandma and Grandpa and includes their kids and spouses, grandkids and spouses, and now great-grandkids.  Needless to say, even though not everyone was going to be in attendance, the group is getting too large to meet in someone's home.  So my grandma rented out a gathering room at her church.

We had a fabulous time catching up with relatives and trying to keep everyone's name straight.  We haven't been able to go the last many years, so it was a bit shocking to see some of my cousins babies turning into wonderful young adults already.  There was plenty of food to go around (which I think is the key to a successful Mulder gathering) and we ended the afternoon with a gift exchange.  Gifts are to be about $10 in value and can be wonderful or extra funny.  The favs this year were itunes gift cards (bonus if it had chocolate with it) and I think the funniest was a live goldfish complete with bowl and water.



No comments: