Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm 34!

I remember turning 30. While I kept a smile on my face I was screaming inside - how could I be 30?! I loved being in my 20s and couldn't believe that it was already over. Well, I come a long way since then - 4 years to be exact. Michael of course asked me how I was turning. I hesitated at first - "Ladies don't say how old they are" right? But why is that - why must we always pretend that we are younger than we really are? I made a decision then and there that I was going to be proud of being 34. God is good and he is with me every year of my life. I need to embrace each year he gives me. Loosing my mother has taught me how little we know about our futures. There is no reason for me to always be waiting for some future time in my life. At the same time, there is no reason to wish I could go back and relive my 20s - it just won't happen. So for now I'm going to live my year as a 34 year old and proud of it!

And on a side note, when I got up in the morning on Friday I found cards from Michael and Tim and a small wrapped box from Tim waiting for me on the kitchen table. Michael had hand made me two cards, including one with a birthday cake with all 34 candles - they wrapped all the way around both sides of the cake. The present was:


Now I just need to pick out some fun new music to dance to!

1 comment:

Michele said...

This is so cute! With a numbers child like Michael, you probably don't even have to remember your age, you can just ask him.