Saturday, January 22, 2011

Soup Day

Perfect end to the cold week have been having. We have members of Tim's old band, Silent Bark coming over for dinner before they play a gig in Holland and I'm going to make soup.

First up is a very classic chicken noodle.
Bake and then cut up some chicken - season as desired.
Mix half chicken broth half water in a large pot and put on high. (sometimes more water if need be)
Add cut up carrots, celery, and seasonings (for me usually Mrs. Dash and some salt/pepper)
Add chicken pieces at some time.
When it is boiling throw in uncooked egg noodles.
Cook for about 10 minutes until noodles are soft.

Second is the easiest crock pot chili I have ever seen. The recipe was given to me by my Aunt Jane probably for my wedding shower and I just found it recently and we loved it!
chicken breasts cut up
1 jar salsa
1 brick monterey jack cheese
some onion
1 jar northern beans
Put everything in a crock pot on high for 3-4 hours.

Now the other half of the warm soup meal is some buttered bread with cheese (usually colby jack) to dip in the soup.

Oooh I can't wait to eat tonight!

No comments: